Externally Funded Firms
CEO to CEO works with chief executives of midmarket firms that have outside investors – venture capitalists, angel investors, private equity firms or public stockholders. The CEOs of these firms are often the entrepreneurs who started the companies. Their unique leadership challenges can include:
- Lack of experience running a firm that is the size of the organization they operate today
- Desire to continue leading their firms to the next stages of growth – i.e. demonstrating to the company’s financial backers that they don’t yet have to bring in a “professional” manager
- Balancing the short-term needs of investors with the long-term needs of the business
- Dealing with a formal board composed of members who may have divergent objectives
- Transitioning from the role and responsibilities of owner/founder to the responsibilities of an investor-backed growth CEO
We have helped a number of CEOs of externally funded firms to raise their and their company’s game to the next level.
“Rob Sher has been a wonderful resource for confidential advice for me in the CEO position. I was happy to become his first client and have reaped the benefits since.”
CEO since 1995 of Applied Aerospace Structures Corp., a 370-employee, Stockton, Calif.-based manufacturer of lightweight aircraft assembles.