We are a consulting firm of former chief executives who improve the skills of mid-market company CEOs who are navigating major shifts in their business or marketplace. We help these CEOs rapidly elevate their game and lead their companies to the next level and beyond.
Robert Sher is a regular columnist in the online edition of Forbes Magazine, writing about management issues at mid-sized companies. Here are a few of his articles.
- Games Gone Haywire: What All Companies Can Learn From the Travails of Zynga
- How Impossible Dreams Can Destroy Value in Mid-Sized Firms
- When Shooting for Growth Can Leave You Broke
- 7 Essentials to Sell Your Company at a Premium
- 12 Signs That an Acquisition Will Crater
- How to Introduce Business Planning in a Sea of Resistance
See all Rob's Articles on Forbes.com
Robert Sher is a regular columnist in the online edition of CFO Magazine, writing about improving the CEO/CFO dynamic. Here are a few of his articles.
- CFO & CEO: How to Avoid Organizational Mood Swings
- Keeping Revenue and Budget on Target
- CFOs Can Help Themselves by Helping Sales improve Forecasts
- How CFOs Can Prevent Board Blowups
See all Rob's Articles on CFO.com
“We hired Rob to help us understand business development strategies for our company. We had always had a growth-by-referral strategy, but as we grew larger, we needed a more programmatic growth strategy. We have experienced phenomenal growth by applying the principles that Rob outlined for us. He brought and embedded a new thought process in us.”
- Rae Lee Olson, Principal and Chief Operating Officer
of The Vita Companies, an employee benefits
advisory and administration firm.
"Rob has been an invaluable advisor to Beat the Traffic, helping me for strategy as well as for solving day to day tactical challenges confronting Beat the Traffic. Bootstrapping a high tech company is a daunting pursuit; Successful entrepreneurs must react very quickly and reinvent themselves constantly. Rob has the ability to quick grasp the gist of complex issues affecting employees, customers, and competitors, and recommending good solutions. Rob also has a vast network of connections. Rob has consistently delivered tremendous value."
- Andre Gueziec, CEO of Beat the Traffic
“Rob Sher has been a wonderful resource for confidential advice for me in the CEO position. I was happy to become his first client and have reaped the benefits since.”
- John Rule, CEO since 1995 of
Applied Aerospace Structures Corp., a 370-employee, Stockton, Calif.-based manufacturer of lightweight aircraft assembles.